Galata Tower is one of the oldest towers of the world and most significant towers of Galata. It was built in 507 by the Byzantine emperor, Anastasius. The tower, which fell under the control of the Genoese in 1348, was rebuilt as a masonry construction. As the first aviation in the history, in the 17th century, Hazerfan Ahmet Çelebi flew using wooden wings for gliding from Galata Tower to Üsküdar. The tower reached its current appearance with the restoration in 1967. Galata Tower is within a walking distance of
Hagia Sophia was completed within a short time as 5 years with the will of the Eastern Roman (Byzantine) empire, Iustinianos. Having been dedicated to Logos, the church was the prestigious structure of the Byzantine Empire and the center of the Orthodox world for 916 years and was known as the “Great Church”. For 481 years, it was the apple of Islamic World’s and Ottoman Empire’s eye and used as the “Great Church” of the sultans. As the most significant museum-structure of the Republic of Turkey, it has
Topkapı Palace was the residence of Ottoman sultans and the center of administration and training and education of the state. It was built between the years of 1460 and 1478 by Sultan Mehmed II, the conqueror of Istanbul. Until the midst of the 19th century, the palace served as a home for Ottoman sultans. Upon the abolition of the Ottoman monarchy in 1922, Topkapı Palace was turned into a museum with the order of Mustafa Kemal Atatürk on April 3, 1924.